Donations of items for our shelter are appreciated. To best meet the needs of our residents, please consider these commonly needed items:
- Clorox wipes
- Aluminum Foil
- Plastic wrap
- Disposable plates, cups, and plasticware
- Paper towels, toilet paper, and tissues
- First aid kits
- New sheets, blankets, towels, and pillows
- New underclothes and nightwear
- Laundry and dishwasher detergent
- New children’s toys
- Gift cards for gas, restaurants, entertainment, or supermarkets
- New frying pans, cookie sheets, and square/rectangle baking pans.
Please note that due to health and safety considerations, New Directions does not accept these used items: clothes, bedding, and toys with fabric (for example, stuffed animals). Also, because New Directions is a small shelter with limited storage space, the following new items are limited in quantity: clothing, bedding (including blankets), and personal care items. All donations not accepted by New Directions are referred to Interchurch or other similar organizations.